Archery requires a lot of skill. It is just not about practising without learning any skill and implementing any technique. Without a well-planned technique, one cant goes very far in archery. This is the reason that skill and technique have a major role to play when practising archery.
What are some of the good techniques to be a good archer?
Apart from general techniques, there are several specific technique one must learn to acquire accuracy in their shot, similar to acquiring specific techniques while playing poker online. To make the practice sessions count, the coaches and pros swear on these techniques.
· To have a proper stance, this can be done by alining one’s feet perpendicular to the centre of the target. The feet have to be placed shoulder width of distance.
· Putting the arrow on the specific bow rest and pointing the coloured fetch towards the outside.
· Gripping the string loosely by using three fingers and holding the middle finger above their arrow.
· Raising the bow and then drawing it back. The bow arm is supposed to be directed to the target.
· One should be sure to be aiming with sight.
· When releasing the string, there should not be a jerk; rather the string should be released smoothly.
One should practice using target mats which are short-range with no marks on it. This helps the archers to concentrate on their techniques and skills.
One important tip is to not aim at shooting a lot of targets in one session, rather breaking the practice into several sessions like playingpoker online, to have maximum benefit. This results in each session to include mental relaxation, warm up, as well as a warm down.
· Focusing on timing
· Practising Situational archery
· The technique of forecaster
· Controlling one arm movement
Apart from these, there are some general tips every archery coach gives to the players, for instance, not to give priority to the number of arrows shot but giving priority to the quality of shots.