Pixel Piracy Console Patch now live for PS4- Update 4/8, Patch #2 details

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Thanks everyone for your patience in us getting the Pixel Piracy patch out to everyone.  Pixel Piracy was coded using Unity and we needed to upgrade to the latest Unity version that has given us some significant speed improvements.  For those of you that were experiencing frame rate issues with the PS4 this should hopefully go a long way in helping with that.  As for the fixes in the patch, here they are again per what Lady Aijou had posted last week:

• Re-tuned the purchase price of all items/weapons in the game.  These will now reflect a much better balance between items.

• Skill books have been made so you will only be able to get one use out of each one you purchase.

• Your Captain will now be able to climb up and down ladders and run around the ships more smoothly.

• Crew members will no longer die now by slipping off the ship and drowning in the water.  They will be much more intelligent.

• Movement controls on the islands will now function without any issues.

• Crew members will interact with the food better and not starve because they don’t want to eat your food that you have placed out for them.

• Cooks will be able to use the food to cook better.

• Crew members will be able to board ships properly without falling into the water.

• Crew members that have Cannon skill will now look to use the cannons on the ship better when you have cannons present on the ships along with cannon balls to use.

• Fixed an issue where birds would freeze or “land” in mid-air

• Fixed an issue where the buy sound would stop playing after multiple purchases

• The ranged attack sound will now play when attacking

• Books will now drop as loot occasionally as intended

• Fixed an issue that prevented deleting food barrels

The Xbox One update is in at Microsoft and we are hoping to hear back any day now and be able to push that  patch live too.

We are still actively working on additional issues that some have reported along with some additional tuning to further improve the quality of the game and hope to have that additional patch out by the end of the month. 

-Tiger

Update 4/8/2016, Patch #2 Details:

Patch #2 for PS4 is moving ahead, and we have preliminary notes for what's been handled in this round of fixes. I also wanted to let our Xbox One players know that we haven't forgotten about you guys. After several days in the approvals queue, we already had a good portion of the second round of fixes ready to go. Because it's that close to being ready, and to cut down the wait in the long run, we asked Microsoft to hold off on pushing the Xbox One patch. We can now roll patches 1 & 2 together, and I will post notes separately if there is any variance from what's here for PS4. The following are the second round of fixes to be coming out:

• Fixed an issue where animals were armed with guns
  • Fixed an issue where grindstones were not working as intended
  • Fixed an issue where the ship editor would sometimes not allow the removal of blocks
  • Fixed an issue where some weapons would disappear when equipped
  • Fixed an issue where some objects you could interact with had no text
  • Fixed an issue where cleaning poop was inconsistent
  • Fixed 2 issues where crew direction cursor would fail to "lock on"
  • Fixed an issue where crew would often not attack when directly commanded
  • Fixed an issue where crew would frequently not engage with enemies
  • Fixed an issue where ranged weapons would not work
  • Fixed an issue where crew would not leave the ship after being given the command
  • Fixed an issue where cannons were not working properly, causing enemies not to fire them.

We will update again as soon as this goes to submissions, and of course when the Xbox patch for the first two rounds of fixes goes live. We can't stress enough, please keep those reports coming in. They are making a huge difference in solving these issues much more efficiently!

~LadyAijou

Edited by LadyAijou
Update on the second round of fixes
wfdmjpbo, LucasAnord and ohusafaji like this

Posted

So nothing regarding the saved games being randomly erased? I appreciate the fix (kind of, I'm on Xbox) but none of those issues broke the game. Any way you spin it though the game should have never been released in this state, the fix is nice but from now on I will think twice before I buy games from Quadro Delta

Posted

So nothing regarding the saved games being randomly erased? I appreciate the fix (kind of, I'm on Xbox) but none of those issues broke the game. Any way you spin it though the game should have never been released in this state, the fix is nice but from now on I will think twice before I buy games from Quadro Delta

This is patch 1 of 3, as I stated in my previous post before this went live. We already stated that there would still be issues remaining, and we are aware of yours. The trouble is, it seems to quite literally be random, it's extremely difficult to reproduce and then locate the cause of something that doesn't always happen, and when it does, happens under wildly varying circumstances. That doesn't mean we aren't trying to fix it, it means the solution for your issue isn't one that they were able to track down in this batch. I spoke to you the day before it went to submissions, and that's not enough time to get a fix in. 505 had no previous information about lost saves, nor open tickets, until I had you file one.

kaitlingf16 and LucasAnord like this

Posted

This is patch 1 of 3, as I stated in my previous post before this went live. We already stated that there would still be issues remaining, and we are aware of yours. The trouble is, it seems to quite literally be random, it's extremely difficult to reproduce and then locate the cause of something that doesn't always happen, and when it does, happens under wildly varying circumstances. That doesn't mean we aren't trying to fix it, it means the solution for your issue isn't one that they were able to track down in this batch. I spoke to you the day before it went to submissions, and that's not enough time to get a fix in. 505 had no previous information about lost saves, nor open tickets, until I had you file one.

I know for a fact that isn't true as I had submitted a ticket to 505 stating all the bugs I had found the day I signed up for this forum, it was how I found out about this forum in the first place because it's linked on screen after submitting the ticket to 505. I was indulging you when you asked me to submit another ticket

Posted

Bumbleoni,

The save issue you are experiencing isn't something that we have heard about from other players.  It appears to be more specific to either your play style or your system.  Save problems are always very frustrating, I know I hate when they happen to me.  Look to contact us directly and keep up that direct communication channel is the best way to solve these types of issues.  I know our CS Manager has been looking into this with you via the ticket you submitted.   Look to send us any additional  info you think might be relevant, it could help us solve this issue with you, we really want to know what is going wrong and help you solve this.

Thanks.

-Tiger

Posted (edited)

About 9 of these forums have people describing loss of save files.  I'm still counting them brb.  I will give you an exact number of how many consumers have reported loss of save.  

Nm I don't know how to post links.  I'll just count them.

Edited by clam

Posted (edited)

Hi, 

I've just registered on your forum to notice you that right now the game is broken on PS4.

Everytime you die your ship appears flying on the sky with just the floor and your character's hair and beard turns electric green. This happens too when you try to load a save data.

Since there is no chance to delete updates from digital games the game is unplayable at all.

Cheers

P.S.: My game is from Spanish store.

Edited by Halocalipsis
Jamesnic likes this

Posted (edited)

I have exactly the same problem than Halocanlipsis.  When i load my game file. The boat appears floating and the guys with Electric green colors. Y lost al my saved games after this patch. And i cant never load a game...

Thx

Edited by estivensigal
Mobile autocorrect

Posted

So the PS4 patch hits and... no game breaking bugs get fixed and now the game is even more unplayable? I shudder to think what the Xbox One patch is going to do to my game :(

Posted

Yes, issues were fixed. We stated very clearly that the first patch would not fix everything, and that hasn't changed. We posted patch notes stating what was done, and the saves issue was not listed there. As I've said, we do not know the cause of your issue, and to state that nothing was fixed at all, is completely false.

ohusafaji and ilohieyeeuzak like this

Posted

I have exactly the same problem than Halocanlipsis.  When i load my game file. The boat appears floating and the guys with Electric green colors. Y lost al my saved games after this patch. And i cant never load a game...

Thx

Please file a ticket to report this to 505 Games directly: support.505games.com  so that they can personally troubleshoot with you

Stephenput likes this

Posted

Hi, 

I've just registered on your forum to notice you that right now the game is broken on PS4.

Everytime you die your ship appears flying on the sky with just the floor and your character's hair and beard turns electric green. This happens too when you try to load a save data.

Since there is no chance to delete updates from digital games the game is unplayable at all.

Cheers

P.S.: My game is from Spanish store.

We need you to file a ticket with 505 directly: support.505games.com 

ritame3 and asiyabejalo like this

Posted

Done.

I'll let you now when they wrote me back.

We've got your issue tracked down, it was happening to literally every non-English version of the game, that's why we didn't catch it before it went out. Waiting on confirmation that it's fixed before I add it to the updated notes, but I'm glad that it was an easy one!

Posted

Any chance we'll have a patch to improve the frame rate?  The primary defects I was experiencing are gone but the frame rate is so poor with very little action on-screen it really is unplayable.

Posted

I play on Ps4, where there says press x to start nothing happens when i press x. The flag and pirates in the background are moving. Am i the only one with this problem. Have sent a ticket

LucasAnord likes this

Posted

Any chance we'll have a patch to improve the frame rate?  The primary defects I was experiencing are gone but the frame rate is so poor with very little action on-screen it really is unplayable.

Can you send a ticket to 505: support.505games.com for us? It would allow them to troubleshoot with you personally and get specifics.

Judithwhomo likes this

Posted

I play on Ps4, where there says press x to start nothing happens when i press x. The flag and pirates in the background are moving. Am i the only one with this problem. Have sent a ticket

I don't recall that issue being reported yet, so thank you very much for taking the time to file a ticket on it. The more specifics they have, the sooner we nail these issues to the wall.

Jamesnic and kateih4 like this

Posted

Cant send tickets, its connected to my twitter account, But it wont send. If someone else have this problem pls send a ticket. My game wont even start

Posted

Cant send tickets, its connected to my twitter account, But it wont send. If someone else have this problem pls send a ticket. My game wont even start

The support site isn't working for you? I'll reach out to 505 and see if this is a known issue.

kateih4 likes this

Posted

So, anyone care to explain why this convaluted patching process is being applied, as opposed to simply uploading the supposed "correct version"?  If this is what is considered to be the best way forward, I can't imagine any part of any project you do working out.  If this doesn't pertain to YOU specifically, by all means, pass this along to the proper parties.  

I I know the response will be that "it's being fixed, and that's what's important, and no need for the negativity", but, I'm saying it.  Saying it out loud.  This whole thing has been ludicrous, and people PAYED to be part of it.  I am continuing to warn people away from this game and it's involved companies.  Which is sad, because I was promoting the game because I was very interested and excited.

So, my point?  I think you're not telling the truth concerning the initial state of the game, and anything said further along is not to be believed.  Lastly, I am ONE OF SEVERAL people who are going to tell others through mass media to steer clear of this and your future projects.  I hope somebody learns something from all this.  I'm outta' here (I'm sure you'll be glad).

Posted

Sorry if this answer is obvious but my son doesn't know where to download the patch on ps4.  He went to "check for update" for the game but it is still the same version and he didn't see anything that says about the patch on ps4.  Could someone direct us where/how to download the patch on ps4?  Thanks for any help in advance.

Judithwhomo likes this

Posted

We've got your issue tracked down, it was happening to literally every non-English version of the game, that's why we didn't catch it before it went out. Waiting on confirmation that it's fixed before I add it to the updated notes, but I'm glad that it was an easy one!

Any news about that?

Brucejag likes this

Posted

Any news about that?

It's confirmed fixed, yes. We're waiting on word from 505 again on timing after our last round of QA on our side.

Posted (edited)

It's confirmed fixed, yes. We're waiting on word from 505 again on timing after our last round of QA on our side.

Since I bought the game it's been at discounted price in every store and I'm still no able to play it. Where can I get a refund or PS Store funds?

Edited by Halocalipsis
Annajibly likes this