Mod support

5 posts in this topic

Posted

The title says it. It looks like a perfect game to have mod support. We all know Borderlands, some (including me) are big fans of the title. But it gets a bit stale after couple of playthroughs. Don't get me wrong, Borderlands games are awesome, but their potential would be raised to the power of 10, if they were moddable. This applies to every game with procedural, worlds, dungeons, etc.

Pixel Privateers looks like a perfect platform for people's ideas. Not asking for a full SDK, of course, but an ability to modify and add new stuff would be awesome.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

umafufos and aquzazu like this

Posted

Mod support is something for the far future. The team has no intention of the game needing to rely on mods to be fun or engaging. We believe the game should be fun on its own, before we start worrying about mod support. It is something that might happen, since there seems to be a lot of people asking for this already, but the release of the game will not have mod support. However, I can assure you that once you have the game you will have plenty of hours of fun before you even start thinking about needing mods.

aquzazu and Reykardgax like this

Posted

Mod support is something for the far future. The team has no intention of the game needing to rely on mods to be fun or engaging. We believe the game should be fun on its own, before we start worrying about mod support. It is something that might happen, since there seems to be a lot of people asking for this already, but the release of the game will not have mod support. However, I can assure you that once you have the game you will have plenty of hours of fun before you even start thinking about needing mods.

Didn't mean to sound rude. I thinks that the game looks awesome. It's just I think that everyone would benefit from mods. Devs could see what features and changes from mods people like and incorporate them in the game later.

Posted

Didn't mean to sound rude. I thinks that the game looks awesome. It's just I think that everyone would benefit from mods. Devs could see what features and changes from mods people like and incorporate them in the game later.

You didn't sound rude, no worries! We just like to let people know that we are fully focused on our game, and content expansions after launch, and that we're going to ensure our players enjoy it for a long time to come :)

Posted

You didn't sound rude, no worries! We just like to let people know that we are fully focused on our game, and content expansions after launch, and that we're going to ensure our players enjoy it for a long time to come :)

Exactly, it is just like LadyAijou says. You were just saying what you would like to see in the game, nothing wrong with that (especially since this is the Feedback & Suggestions thread after all). :D  We really appreciate feedback and suggestions from the community.

KonstanBaw likes this