Street photography is when a photographer takes pictures of street life. This requires discreetness and a lot of skills. The photographer gets a little time to capture the moment naturally. Not every photographer can do that. Just skills are not enough, street photography requires compact cameras that can click pictures in a flash and still not attract a lot of attention.
All the brands make cameras that are perfectly built for street photography, they are called point and shoot cameras.
Here is a list of our favorite compact cameras. You will not be disappointed by any of these so select one for yourself from the list below.
- Canon Powershot G7x
- Very compact and can easily be carried in pockets.
- Has a great feel to it.
- Transferring is very simple due to the Wi-Fi setup
- Controls are nice and easy
- Auto focus is great
- Battery life is very impressive
- Images are not very sharp
- LCD screen is not very flexible.
- Ricoh GR II
- Body is very compact.
- Image quality is just amazing.
- The texture is perfectly rough for street photography
- It is simple to operate
- The lens is great with flares
- Looks are perfect
- A more clinical photographer will not be able to appreciate the creative effects and other possibilities and they will go waste for them.
- Autofocus is not very good in low light conditions
- Panasonic LX100
- Fast focus
- Very small size
- You get a lot of control
- Wi-fi and Panasonic Image App lets the user control the camera remotely.
- Great quality in smaller space
- It takes some time to get used to
- Too small for comfortable use
- When in Auto Focus, the focusing ring changes shutter speed so you to the be extra careful.