Apple users are used to higher prices and are one of the most likely to speculate on massive discounts for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Co. on Black Friday. Amazon is already offering a small foretaste of the great bargain battle with its Black Friday week.
Update from November 19, 2021: Amazon starts after the early Black Friday deals the official Black Friday week from today. Here and there there are also deals for those interested in Apple, above all models of the Apple Watch 6 and the iMac with Intel CPU (view on Amazon). Some examples that we picked out:
- Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS, 40 mm), Aluminum case in blue with sports armband for only 319 euros instead of 418.15 euros (view at Amazon)
- Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS, 44 mm), Product (RED) aluminum case with sports armband for only 349 euros instead of 447.40 euros (view at Amazon)
- Apple iMac Retina 5K-Display, 27 Zoll, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD for only 1,299 euros instead of 1,996.99 euros (view on Amazon)
- WD Elements Desktop 12 TB External Hard Drive, compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 for only 199.99 euros instead of 299 euros (view on Amazon)
- WD_BLACK D30 Game Drive SSD 2 TB with USB-C for only 215.99 euros instead of 262 euros (view on Amazon)
When does Black Friday 2021 start?
First we will clarify the question: When does Black Friday start? This time it falls fourth Friday in November on November 26th, 2021. Although this date marks the actual “Black Friday”, retailers and manufacturers have long been interpreting this quite loosely. Accordingly, you have to expect offers in advance and also afterwards. In short: The hot phase will start on November 15th at the latest and should last until December 5th. Ergo: Please don’t just focus on November 26th, otherwise you could miss out on hot deals.
What’s up at Apple and retailers on Black Friday?
Apple itself is one of the pioneers of the so-called “Black Friday” in Germany, after all, this beautiful, original American tradition was brought across the pond and started in 2006 with the discount battle in this country for the first time. In the meantime, however, the manufacturer is rather cautious and in the last few years only added gift cards to the hardware and held back with direct discounts.
But there are still the dealers. They are much more generous and are more likely to hit real bargains. You will probably be able to save on established and readily available products. New and scarce goods, on the other hand, will probably not be discounted. For example, we are already making the following offers at Amazon:
Little history im Video:
Which items could be discounted?
But what’s even cheaper on Black Friday? With a bit of luck, we will receive smaller discounts for the iPhone 13 mini, as it is relatively readily available. But we wouldn’t expect any discounts on the normal iPhone 13 or even on the Pro models. The same applies to the new MacBook Pro. All these products are extremely poorly available, neither Apple nor the dealers are interested in selling them at a lower price at the moment. If we had to guess, we’d expect discounts on the following Apple products:
- iPad Air
- iPad Pro
- MacBook Air and MacBook Pro (2020 models)
- iMac 27 inch (old Intel version)
- Mac mini
- iPhone 12, 11 and SE
- Apple Watch Series 3 und SE
So if you want to save on Apple products on Black Friday, you have to be willing to compromise. Anyone who speculates on the latest products will get nothing, Older devices, on the other hand, will be found cheaper, especially in the free trade. At Apple itself, on the other hand, shopping is not really worthwhile.