Some of them are waiting especially for the bargain holiday Black Fridayto treat yourself to a new television. But if you wait, you may miss the best offers. Already there is Top offers for TV sets of all sizes and price ranges. The GIGA overview, updated regularly.
Price tip: 55 inch QLED TV from Hisense
Good offer on Amazon: The Hisense 55E76GQ QLED has practically everything a bread-and-butter television needs. Most of all that QLED-Panel from Samsung holds for very good picture quality. Further data: 55 inch diagonal, 4K resolution, 300 cd / m² brightness, direct LED technology, 50/60 Hz, Dolby Vision and HDR10 +, Vidaa OS Smart TV operating system.
Currently the television only costs 434,95 Euro (view on Amazon). To do this, you have to activate the discount coupon on the Amazon product page, see picture – you will then see the discounted price when paying. Very good offer for an all-round solid television!
Philips “The One”: Ambilight from large to gigantic
Philips Ambilight technology uses LEDs on the back of the TV to cast colors that match the picture on the wall behind. The result: atmospheric indirect lighting that “feels” enlarged. The Philips televisions with the model number PUS8546 call themselves “The One”, which means that this is the one television that, according to Philips, you should buy.
Is that correct? Well, the reduced prices at MediaMarkt and Saturn of currently 829 euros for the large 65-inch device, 999 euros for the opulent 70-inch device and 1,111 euros for the gigantic 75-inch device (each + 29.90 euros shipping or self-collection) are more than okay for what’s on offer: An IPS panel for rich colors and good side viewing angles, 4K resolution with brighter and more even Direct LED technology, Support of all important HDR standards (incl. Dolby Vision and HDR10 +) and the flexible operating system Android TV 10 with its large selection of apps make the television one good choice for series and film fans who want Ambilight and a lot of screen space. However, the devices “only” support 50/60 Hz and HDMI 2.0, gamers with next-gen consoles should opt for a more expensive device with 120 Hz and HDMI 2.1 to ensure future security. More tips on this right away.
OLED TVs from LG on offer
Currently, MediaMarkt and Saturn, among others, have launched a major offensive for LG’s OLED televisions. Here is an overview of the reduced models, all of which are recommended at these prices:
- LG OLED65C16LA at MediaMarkt for 1,499 euros (+ Shipping, instead of 1,714 euros): 65 inch 4K OLED TV, Dolby Vision, HDMI 2.1, 120 Hz, 4 × HDMI 2.1, model year 2021
- LG OLED65B13LA at Alza for 1,289.87 euros (instead of 1,654.33 euros): 65 inch 4K OLED TV, Dolby Vision, HDMI 2.1, 120 Hz, single tuner, model year 2021
- LG OLED65A19LA at MediaMarkt for 1,149 euros (+ Shipping, instead of 1,359 euros): 65 inch 4K OLED TV, Dolby Vision, HDMI 2.0, 60 Hz, model year 2021
- LG OLED55CX9LA at MediaMarkt for 999 euros (+ Shipping, instead of 1,249 euros): 55 inch 4K OLED TV, Dolby Vision, HDMI 2.1, 120 Hz, 4 × HDMI 2.1, dual tuner, model year 2020
- LG OLED55C16LA at MediaMarkt for 999 euros (+ Shipping, instead of 1,999 euros): 55 inch 4K OLED TV, Dolby Vision, HDMI 2.1, 120 Hz, 4 × HDMI 2.1, single tuner, model year 2021
- LG OLED55A19LA at MediaMarkt for 777 euros (+ Shipping, instead of 879 euros): 55 inch 4K OLED TV, Dolby Vision, HDMI 2.0, 60 Hz, HDMI 2.0, model year 2021
- LG OLED48A19LA at MediaMarkt for 699 euros (+ Shipping, instead of 888.90 euros): 48 inch 4K OLED TV, Dolby Vision, HDMI 2.0, 60 Hz, HDMI 2.0, model year 2021
OLED televisions are considered the crème de la crème on what the television market TV picture quality concerns. Perfect black levels, intense colors, excellent side viewing angles and low input lag are the most important advantages. Thanks to their outstanding operation and the latest generation of panels, the OLED TVs from LG are the best all-rounders on the market.
But which one should you choose? Our little guide. Look at the device name, such as OLED55C16LA. The first two digits after the OLED indicate the device diagonal in inches. The two characters after that are the most interesting. The first indicates the series (A, B or C), then the model year (X = 2020, 1 = 2021). Then there is another symbol that indicates the variant, for example in terms of tuner, rear side color or stand. The last two to three characters are the code for the country variant.
- the A1-Series are the cheapest of LG’s OLED televisions, but they still have the same outstanding picture quality as the other models. If you no gamers are these enough – the savings are simply too great.
- player should rather use an OLED TV that has HDMI 2.1, VRR and 120 Hz, i.e. the B or C series. Connected PCs, the PS5 and Xbox One / Series benefit from the multiple functions.
- With the “game-friendly” TVs you have the choice between the B-Series, where only two connections are HDMI 2.1-capable (one of which may already be occupied by a soundbar) and thus enable 4K resolution at 120 Hz or the C-Series, where all four ports are HDMI 2.1. Otherwise, the advantages of the C series are only minor – a better image processing processor and a slightly higher maximum brightness. Our tip: If the price difference between the B and C model is small, take the C model, otherwise the surcharge is not worth it.
- And the Model year? Not much happened between X (2020) and 1 (2021). So you can use the older model with peace of mind. In the example above, the 55CX9 has the advantage of a dual tuner over the 55C16.
What do you have to pay attention to when buying a TV? Our video reveals it:
More TV offers
Here we collect other worthwhile offers for TV sets from various retailers.
- TCL 55AC710 at MediaMarkt for 479 euros (+ Shipping, instead of 598.99 euros): 55 inch 4K QLED TV, Direct LED, HDR10 +, Dolby Vision, 60 Hz, HDMI 2.0b, Android TV
- Philips 55PUS7906 / 12 at MediaMarkt for 499 euros (+ Shipping, instead of 689 euros): 55-inch 4K TV with IPS panel, Edge-LED, Ambilight, 60 Hz, Stiftung Warentest “satisfactory” (2.9)
- LG DSN8YG Soundbar at MediaMarkt for 369 euros (instead of 449 euros): 3.1.2 sound system with external subwoofer
TV with a mobile phone contract
A new trend is that televisions are also available as an add-on to a cell phone contract – instead of a cell phone. Here is an overview of profitable tariff-device combinations:
- Xiaomi 55 inch smart TV + 2 × smart speakers at o2: With 20 GB LTE / 5G (max. 300 Mbit / s) and Allnet / SMS Flat in o2-Network for 31.99 euros per month + one-time 42.90 euros = 810,66 Euro Total costs after 24 months. Additionally 100 Euro Bonus when porting your number. Details in the article.
- Samsung 55 inch Smart TV at o2: With 20 GB LTE / 5G (max. 300 Mbit / s) and Allnet / SMS Flat in o2-Network for 39.99 euros per month + one-time 40.90 euros = 1.000,66 Euro Total costs after 24 months. Additionally 100 Euro Bonus when porting your number.
- LG A1 55 inch OLED TV at o2: With 20 GB LTE / 5G (max. 300 Mbit / s) and Allnet / SMS Flat in o2-Network for 49.99 euros per month + one-time 40.90 euros = 1.240,66 Euro Total costs after 24 months. Additionally 100 Euro Bonus when porting your number. Details in the article.