Grass, hay and straw are important field products in LS 22 that you can use and process in many ways. At this point we will tell you how you can mow grass, make hay and store straw.
Mow & store grass
You can mow green meadows with lush grass and you need a tractor for this. Mount a corresponding one on these Mower on and you can start right away. You can use the mown grass in the following ways:
- You can feed it directly to your animals. Simply unload it at the unloading points of the stables.
- Grass can also be sold normally at unloading stations.
- You can also process grass into silage. To do this, store it in a silo or wrap it in a silage bale.
Unless you make hay from grass you will learn more about this in the next paragraph.
Make & sell hay
After you’ve mowed the grass, you can just leave it behind so that it can be turned into hay later. To do this, however, you have to turn it once so that it can dry on each side. Use one for this Tractor with mounted tedder. Hay is lighter than grass and less saturated in color.
You can use hay in the following ways:
- Feed it like grass to your animals.
- Uses it as an ingredient in the production of total mix rations (TMR). This is the best feed for your cows.
- Like grass, you can turn hay into cash at sales stations.
With a proper control panel, the control of the LS 22 is even better!
Press grass, hay and straw into swaths and bales
Grass, hay and straw are easier to collect if you fold them into swaths or press them into bales. You can do one for that Tractor with mounted rake to use. Then use a loading wagon to collect the swaths.
In addition, you can use a baler to create grass, hay and straw bales. When using Bonsilage in loading wagons or harvesting machines, you also increase the yield by 5%.
You can bring the square or round bales of grass, hay or straw with you Tractor and a bale loader finally collect them and bring them to your yard or sales station. You may also want to use automatic AI helpers for these deliveries.
Do you still have questions about grass, hay and straw in Farming Simulator 22? Then feel free to write it to us in the comments and help each other too.