Computec Media GmbH is Germany’s leading media company for communities that are enthusiastic about gaming and IT entertainment. With our core brands PC GAMES, PC GAMES HARDWARE and BUFFED, we have been a passionate pioneer in innovative and high-reach media and communication solutions for the gaming and IT industries in German-speaking countries for over 30 years. Whether websites, digital and print magazines, apps, streaming, podcasts, B2B and e-commerce activities, game server offers, events and much more.
For the #teamcomputec we are looking for a new permanent position at the Fürth location with immediate effect
Web developer / software developer in digital media
Your area of responsibility includes:
- the further and new development of features for our websites and internal tools
- the active participation in new projects from the conception to the live release
- the planning, documentation and testing of web applications
- Modernization, refactoring or rearchitecture of our existing software solutions
- You have completed training in the field of computer science, a degree in computer science or comparable professional experience – career changers with practical experience as web developers are welcome!
- You are well versed in using PHP or another web-oriented scripting language; With design patterns you do not necessarily primarily associate the look of fabric samples, OOP and MVC are not just TLAs for you, but cornerstones of your way of working.
- You have a fundamental technical understanding of the web-relevant basic technologies, pay attention to performance optimization for frontend and backend, technical SEO measures and above all security aspects in web development (OWASP Secure Coding).
- Of course, you have in-depth knowledge of at least one relational database system (MySQL or PostgreSQL).
- You are and will remain open and committed to continuous learning and your personal development: You enjoy working on new topics and techniques and are ready to learn new things – for example, new languages (ColdFusion / CFML, pl / pgSQL, Java, possibly pearl).
- Your German language skills are at least B2 level and you are also confident in English.
- An independent, conscientious, structured and quality-conscious way of working as well as extremely good communication skills are in your nature, both in the independent processing of tasks and in working together in a team.
… and if we can ask for anything else, then …
- do you get along quite well with Linux as a server operating system (LAMP stack) and also master version management with git,
- have already gained some knowledge of CFML / CFScript (Lucee or Adobe ColdFusion) as well as experience with NoSQL systems such as MongoDB, Memcached, SphinxSearch, ElasticSearch or similar and
- also had practical experience with packagers and task runners (npm, gulp, grunt, composer, forgebox, etc.).
- Ideally, SCSS, SASS and Bootstrap are also not foreign words to you.
- Start-up feeling paired with professional structures
- A dynamic and appreciative corporate culture with flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths
- A creative and innovative work environment that focuses on professional and personal development
- Sympathetic team colleagues who work together with conviction and passion
- Freedom to design work processes, place of work and working hours
- Appropriate payment with attractive benefits
- An office in the heart of the Nuremberg-Fürth metropolitan region
Interested in becoming a part of #teamcomputec?
Then we look forward to your detailed application with a possible starting date as well as a detailed curriculum vitae and certificates by e-mail to [email protected] or by post to:
Computec Media GmbH
We ask for your understanding that only applications written in German can be considered.